• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Inside the fm145(pics)

klaymonster

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 2wd v6
I just rebuilt my friends fm145. Its my first manual trans rebuild but being so fresh out of the experience i might be able to answer anyone's questions or at the very least can lend these pics i took during the process. so, I will just leave these here..

http://imgur.com/a/IHLDM/all

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

klaymonster

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 2wd v6
the nut on the output shaftwas a S.O.A.B. to get loose... i had to buy a giant 3 foot long crescent wrench and bolt a 2x4 against the belhousing to give enough leverage to get the torque i needed to loosen it... im sure there is probably a special tool that would have made quick work of it, but i managed.

aside from that i do have a shop press, but i never got any use out of it this time around.. everything for the most part is held together with snaprings.

the input shaft and the output shaft come together in the gearbox and with the secondary shaft out of the way and the input shaft removed, there was room to tap down on the output shaft and thus pushing it through the casing and the output shaft's gears (being held in place by the casing) moved off without needing the press.

I dont really expect that to make sense to anyone unless they've done this before. I intend to do a writeup with markings on the photos to explain what i mean.

klaymonster

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 2wd v6
thankyou boss that means a lot coming from you:eek:

janderson4010

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
third boxcar, midnight train
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 BII
I tore one apart once so I could cut the output shaft off for a doubler, but I don't remember anything about it. This is good info for someone who wants to rebuild one. did you buy a kit for bearings and stuff? what was the cost overall?

DDaviso

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1986 Ford Bronco II
I know this was a long time ago, but do you remember how you removed the extension housing bearing from the output shaft? The one right after you take the output shaft nut off.

"the nut on the output shaftwas a S.O.A.B. to get loose... i had to buy a giant 3 foot long crescent wrench and bolt a 2x4 against the belhousing to give enough leverage to get the torque i needed to loosen it... "

Last edited:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D inside door handle Bronco II 1
janderson4010 The 4.0 Swap was chump change compared to this - Look inside... Bronco II 1014
J Pics I came across Bronco II 6
F Post Your CB Pics! Bronco II 15
8 a few pics of my b2 Bronco II 2