• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

install 3rd gen 3in body lift

bmeadow1

Reaction score
City, State
north carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLS
does anyone know how the bumper brackets have to be modified on the 3rd gen 3in body lift?

and will a 2006 tail light guard fit on a 2004?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

macknos94

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Harrisburg, pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 mountaineer premier
you just need to widen the slots on the mounting bracket once you see it you will see what i mean. i used a dremel with a grinder bit which worked perfect.

to install the 06 tails your just need to trim a peice of metal and i believe you will need to rewire one light. if someone can chime in that would be great

bmeadow1

Reaction score
City, State
north carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLS
so that pretty easy to widen the slots?

and why would i have to rewire a light to put on the light guard?

macknos94

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Harrisburg, pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 mountaineer premier
so that pretty easy to widen the slots?

and why would i have to rewire a light to put on the light guard?

haha sorry bud i missed the guard part. :D you shouldn't have any issue as long as you aren't trying to put mountaineer guards on an explorer or vis-versa. i'm guessing you are looking at the metal guards but just so you know they do sell ones for the 3rd gen explorers on ebay.
black:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a568c6254
slainless:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a568c5f27

bmeadow1

Reaction score
City, State
north carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLS
yeah those were the ones i was looking at on ebay but i was looking at the ones for the 2006 because the form better to the light. thats why i asked if they fit

bmeadow1

Reaction score
City, State
north carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLS
yeah i looked at that but he does so much modifying to the lift kit that i dont know what to do lol