• Register Today It's free!

install lockers??

nascar_intimid

Reaction score
City, State
st.catharines,ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 eddie ..'02 limited
I have an open differential and the gearing is 3:27...great highway mileage but lousy muddin' mileage ( always stuck). I'm considering putting in lockers, maybe electric ( I don't know yet) front and back for sure. I like the high gearing because of the gas mileage and I would probably be good for 31's...so I could have the best of both worlds running 235's most of the time. Does anyone have any input at all with some experience at this...I'm a newb enthusiast trying to be in the elite club but I have to learn to crawl first :D

there are many many threads on the board covering your gear ratio, tire size and locker questions. please use the Search page.

if you're getting stuck in the mud and assuming you have a 4x4, dont forget you still have your transfer case - switch that to 4LO.. but you probably already know that. But also, try shifting the transmission to [1] or [2] instead of just [D] ... this will help you from spinning your tires too quickly (this has saved me a few times in the ruts).

Back