• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Installation of Rear/Lower Air Deflector

NEWPORTNJ

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
St, Pk
And if everyone here is happy with a car that is missing parts will to each its own.I also bought from Benny the Insulator. But the whole point is being missed here. The parts maybe of no importance nor will they cause the car to under perform. BUT THEY ARE TO BE THERE AND YOU ME WE ARE PAYING FOR THEM.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
EF Vendor
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
Brooks- Again its not about stopping production. It's about saying to the consumers via a letter or a bulletin that when parts are available your dealer will contact you. But at the end its dollars and cents. Like i said i have been with Ford for 22yrs from the 99 Windstar to 02,05,06,2011,14,17,2020 Explorer and a 2018 Escape my wife drives, So i am a Ford Person and i do love my 2020 ST Silver Spruce. All purchases have with the same great dealer who is also disappointed with how many stuff are missing even in the Aviator which he also sell Lincoln...
Not me. THIS is the hill you are going to die on over on Ford? This is nothing compared to things they’ve dropped the ball on in the past.

And, mass multi-market manufacturing is nothing like construction.

NEWPORTNJ

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
St, Pk
Not me. THIS is the kill you are goi by to die over on Ford? This is nothing compared to things they’ve dropped the ball on in the past.

And, mass multi-market manufacturing is nothing like construction.
Brooks- Good night!

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
EF Vendor
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD

Attachments

Mikey*TX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Liv'n in the hollow of an 'ol oak tree. ;-)
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 EXP ST Blk
Ford must itself deal with supplier constraints and prioritise allocations. I will use as an example the roof trim insert that is used on the PIU and the XLT without luggage rails. I ordered these from Benny right after I purchased my first ST. I was updated yesterday that it will be mid April before they will have them in hand. The panels will then be shipped to me. As such, I am at least a good month out. The PIU and then the XLT are getting them first. The noose will tighten when the base (read civilian twin to the PIU) Explorer is released in a few months. As such, Ford is allocating the rear under sound deadening panel along with the sound deadening cover for the left strut tower. The latter being on national constraint. When Ford's supplier produces them, we will get it. Ford is not screwing you out of the parts as you imply. Simply have your selling dealer file a warranty claim. Simple ✌

NEWPORTNJ

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
St, Pk
Ford must itself deal with supplier constraints and prioritise allocations. I will use as an example the roof trim insert that is used on the PIU and the XLT without luggage rails. I ordered these from Benny right after I purchased my first ST. I was updated yesterday that it will be mid April before they will have them in hand. The panels will then be shipped to me. As such, I am at least a good month out. The PIU and then the XLT are getting them first. The noose will tighten when the base (read civilian twin to the PIU) Explorer is released in a few months. As such, Ford is allocating the rear under sound deadening panel along with the sound deadening cover for the left strut tower. The latter being on national constraint. When Ford's supplier produces them, we will get it. Ford is not screwing you out of the parts as you imply. Simply have your selling dealer file a warranty claim. Simple ✌
I respect your explanation, but at least Ford should have told dealerships of these issues and not grab them by surprise and the dealership then had to deal with this matter blind sided My dealer took care of my issues like they have always done. Smith Cairns Ford & Lincoln Madza and Subaru in Yonkers NY. Mikey, my only issues is the way aFord has handled this matter. If it wasn't for a member on this forum to bring this to lite Ford would have not said nothing and they would have handled this in a consumer discovery basis. The other sad part is that the Explorer has been on the street for about a year and still they have part shortages and they don't have the dealership say something to the consumers. I'm sorry but i still say BAD ON FORD...

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
EF Vendor
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
I’m betting most dealerships are well aware they are selling them with shorted parts.

Never believe a dealer when they say they’ve never heard of an issue. Dealers do two things in equal parts. They sell cars, and they lie.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Can we please stop rehashing the same info over and over. Most of it has nothing to do with the installation of the "deflector". Thank you.

Peter

NEWPORTNJ

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
St, Pk
Can we please stop rehashing the same info over and over. Thank you.

Peter
I hear you. But isn't this a forum of discussion ? I did not know the Brooks is a Troll. Peterk9 I understand and respect what you are saying. Thank you !

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
EF Vendor
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
I hear you. But isn't this a forum of discussion ? I did not know the Brooks is a Troll. Peterk9 I understand and respect what you are saying. Thank you !
Do you even know what a troll is? Obviously you don’t. I mean, you haven’t been right all this time, why try something new and start now?

Judging by the likes on my comments it’s YOU that has the unpopular opinion.

I guarantee I’ve helped FAR more people here than you ever have.

jrgoffin

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
The midwest
Year, Model & Trim Level
'20 Explorer ST
Look closely at the nut that retains the heat shield above the left muffler. Looks really loose to me.

View attachment 180039
Yep, already noticed that. The stud has a bit of a nick in the first thread, so I have to get on my back and push hard to thread the nut on.

The dealership was cool and ordered the deflector, strut tower insulator, and of course the tow hook. Normally this is an easy DIY, but since they put in a claim with Ford, have to run it down for the service department to deal with this whenever the parts come in.

Dsle5403

Reaction score
City, State
Mondovi, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Yep, already noticed that. The stud has a bit of a nick in the first thread, so I have to get on my back and push hard to thread the nut on.

The dealership was cool and ordered the deflector, strut tower insulator, and of course the tow hook. Normally this is an easy DIY, but since they put in a claim with Ford, have to run it down for the service department to deal with this whenever the parts come in.
I had to do the same thing. Only took about 20 minutes so not a big deal.

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
EF Vendor
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD

Dsle5403

Reaction score
City, State
Mondovi, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Probably referring to the dealership throwing the deflector on. Threading a nut on will take about two seconds.
You are correct. And that was for the front and rear insulators.

Mikey*TX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 EXP ST Blk
:D Mine was missing the screws at the rear. My mechanic had some in his "what do I do with these left over parts" box.

hbalek

Reaction score
City, State
Kensington, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
:D Mine was missing the screws at the rear. My mechanic had some in his "what do I do with these left over parts" box.
My dealer Sheehy Ford in Gaithersburg, MD installed this for me today free of charge while I waited for my first oil change/tire rotation. They also reprogrammed the PCM because I had a check engine light come on once at 2000 miles, which then went off then came back on again this morning, at 3800 miles. Everything seems fine now! Ford recommended to reprogram PCM to latest calibration and retested it. If there are future check engine light problems, they will replace the PCM.

Attachments

Mikey*TX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 EXP ST Blk
Stop in at Criswell Chevrolet and say hi to Mike Furman for me. Bought a C7 from him. He is the leading all time Corvette salesperson world wide.

hbalek

Reaction score
City, State
Kensington, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Stop in at Criswell Chevrolet and say hi to Mike Furman for me. Bought a C7 from him. He is the leading all time Corvette salesperson world wide.
That name sounds familiar!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Mikey*TX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 EXP ST Blk
Mike is very well known in Corvette circles. He is known for hosting his clients at Spring Mountain Raceway in Pahrump, NV. He is also a fixture at "Corvettes at Carlisle" and, the Corvette Bash in Bowling Green where the Corvette is assembled.