Missing Part - Rear Air Deflector | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Missing Part - Rear Air Deflector

I'm really beginning to doubt if the ST is supposed to have this deflector. I was just at my dealership to pick up the fuel filler funnel and checked out the 8 Explorers that they had on the lot. There were XLT's, Limiteds, a Platinum and a newly arrived ST. All had the deflector except the ST. Since they all come off the same assembly line, why would they skip the ST if it is supposed to have it? Also, one or two members mentioned that their dealer said that the deflector was not on the build sheet.

Peter

The platinum I checked didnt have it. So yours did, mine didnt (plat vs plat).

I believe Ford has no darn clue what the heck they are doing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That might make sense except that my Aviator has the deflector and the same engine as the ST.
The one difference between the Explorers is that the ST is considered a "Performance" vehicle and perhaps that is why the deflector isn't being installed on them.:dunno:

Peter
This ST has it
index.php

That might make sense except that my Aviator has the deflector and the same engine as the ST.
The one difference between the Explorers is that the ST is considered a "Performance" vehicle and perhaps that is why the deflector isn't being installed on them.:dunno:

Peter
No. Peter. My dealership looked into it and found that my ST was to have it, so Ford sent it and it's now installed. Plain and simple Ford screwed up and they will have eventually put out a bulletin.

No. Peter. My dealership looked into it and found that my ST was to have it, so Ford sent it and it's now installed. Plain and simple Ford screwed up and they will have eventually put out a bulletin.

Exactly that's what my dealer said and is doing as well. U would think for the price we paid they wouldn't be short changing us like this.

Exactly that's what my dealer said and is doing as well. U would think for the price we paid they wouldn't be short changing us like this.
Yet other dealers have said the ST doesn't get it. So how can it be explained that when you have a bunch of Explorers going down the assembly line that it seems all the others except the ST get one installed?

Peter

This is the same with my ST and my dealership. Ford messed up.

Yet other dealers have said the ST doesn't get it which seems to be backed up by the creation of thread alone. So how can it be explained that when you have a bunch of Explorers going down the assembly line that it seems all the others except the ST get one installed?

Peter
There are STs that came off the line with them. There some other trims that don’t have them as well and some that have them. It could be a simple case of running out of the part from the supplier and continuing the production. Your Aviator has the same engine and exhaust as the ST and you have it.

I’m also of the belief that all models were supposed to have them. Since all of us that have gotten them installed or are getting it installed through the dealer had to wait because they were back ordered I’m thinking Ford was just pushing them out without them due to a shortage of parts as someone else mentioned. Who knows at this point, I’ll let ya know if anything sounds or feels different after Saturday when mine gets installed.

My neighbor just bought an XLT in black and he has the deflector. Again plain and simple FORD SCREWED UP!!!

Mistakes happen. This is a minor issue! As long as Ford is willing to fix the issue, I am happy. My Ford Dealership ordered the part and will install it when I bring the vehicle in.

Mistakes happen. This is a minor issue! As long as Ford is willing to fix the issue, I am happy. My Ford Dealership ordered the part and will install it when I bring the vehicle in.

That's YOUR dealer. Some have reported that their dealer refused to comp it. Even though OP was refused but somehow managed to get the part for free. Bottom line is Ford is NOT owning up to their mistake.

Heading to my dealer tomorrow, they have the deflector to install. I'll post pictures of before & after. Dealer indicated the would take care of the installation, and we are working something out on the cost of the part.

TBill

As I posted in another thread, I'm really beginning to doubt if the ST is supposed to have this deflector. I was just at my dealership and checked out the 8 Explorers that they had on the lot. There were XLT's, Limiteds, a Platinum and a newly arrived ST. All had the deflector except the ST. Since they all come off the same assembly line, why would they skip the ST if it is supposed to have it? Makes no sense. Also, one or two members mentioned that their dealer said that the deflector was not on the build sheet. So it isn't just the early builds that are missing them but the latest ones also. I didn't get the build date of the ST but just arrived last week.

Peter

Make that three. I called Ford and spoke to someone in parts. She looked up my vehicle based on VIN and the rear deflector was not listed as a part on my vehicle (just the front deflector and left/right side deflectors).

Then I suggest you find a new dealer. Others are getting the part through their dealers (according to the thread). I guess it all depends how hard your dealer wants to keep your business. My dealer handled this issue, no questions asked! Just saying.

Heading to my dealer tomorrow, they have the deflector to install. I'll post pictures of before & after. Dealer indicated the would take care of the installation, and we are working something out on the cost of the part.

TBill
If the dealer is installing a part that was missed at the factory there should be no cost to you at all. If you are going to be paying for the part then that to me is an indication that it shouldn't have been there in the first place. No need to post pictures. There are several already. Thanks.

Peter

TBill
My part is coming in at the end of the month. No cost to me for the part or the installation. Dealership said it should have definitely been there from the factory.

My part is coming in at the end of the month. No cost to me for the part or the installation. Dealership said it should have definitely been there from the factory.
Did the dealer check the parts list for your Explorer by VIN and verify it should have been there?

Peter

What I find confusing in this whole matter is that, according to posts, dealers are supposedly checking part lists by VIN on the ST and coming up with different answers.:confused:

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What I find confusing in this whole matter is that, according to posts, dealers are supposedly checking part lists by VIN on the ST and coming up with different answers.:confused:

Peter
It could be a case of poor customer service from some of these dealerships. I went through the general manager by way of my salesman. They then had the parts manager order everything for me. The only thing they asked was for me to actually come in so they could check the ST themselves.

Back