Missing Part - Rear Air Deflector | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Missing Part - Rear Air Deflector

What’s their alternative? Don’t release the cars at all? Take a huge financial bath over inconsequential parts?

Class action lawsuit? Yeah,good luck with that one.
I know a class action L/S won't be that easy but at least step up and say something. You, me and other are paying big bucks for this vehicle. Just step up would be acceptable to me. Don't blame dealer that they are not checking for items that they don't even know are to be installed ( punch list )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A class auction lawsuit would never happen. There’s not enough money for someone to care about it. There’s not enough “damages” for a lawyer to bother with.

Get on your dealer and they’ll get them for you WHEN they become available. If that doesn’t work, get ahold of a regional manager.

When they are available they’ll start going on production models as well.

It isn't that big of a deal, just a minor annoyance. For what these vehicles cost, hopefully the parts counter at the originating dealer is cooperative enough to not only look these up to verify, but order them. I won't even care if I have to install them on my own, as long as they agree that the parts should be there. Totally forgot about the tow hook - will check that on Wednesday as well.

A class auction lawsuit would never happen. There’s not enough money for someone to care about it. There’s not enough “damages” for a lawyer to bother with.

Get on your dealer and they’ll get them for you WHEN they become available. If that doesn’t work, get ahold of a regional manager.

When they are available they’ll start going on production models as well.
My dealer took care of me with the Deflector and the Tow hook. I bought the insulator. My beef is that i could understand the first build have some hiccups, but not this late in build's. I wonder what will happen with 2021 which will be going to begin build soon. That os my anger !!!

It’s not a build issue. They didn’t forget them. It’s a parts supply issue. Their only option to deliver cars, fully complete, would be to sit on them. They’d remove these parts from the build, and production if this was their option.

No excuse. Sorry. The supplier they had chosen was not able to keep up with the need they should have had a back up. Would you deliver a refrigerator with out its doors or ice maker if it called for one ? You might have went to a new supplier. That is what they had to do. Again Ford just screwed up. I'm a Ford Guy but i will not look for excuses, Does a cat has 5 paw's ?

No excuse. Sorry. The supplier they had chosen was not able to keep up with the need they should have had a back up. Would you deliver a refrigerator with out its doors or ice maker if it called for one ? You might have went to a new supplier. That is what they had to do. Again Ford just screwed up. I'm a Ford Guy but i will not look for excuses, Does a cat has 5 paw's ?
Doors and an ice maker are a far cry from trim underneath the car, and cheesy piece of plastic under the hood.

Do you have any idea how manufacturing works? You can’t have backup suppliers for everything. Plastic molds are extremely expensive. Having contingency plans for the TENS OF THOUSANDS of parts that go into these would make them even more ridiculously priced.

Doors and an ice maker are a far cry from trim underneath the car, and cheesy piece of plastic under the hood.

Do you have any idea how manufacturing works? You can’t have backup suppliers for everything. Plastic molds are extremely expensive. Having contingency plans for the TENS OF THOUSANDS of parts that go into these would make them even more ridiculously priced.
Brooks- I'm not going back and forth with this. The point is that it's not correct what Ford has done. Weather the part is aesthetic or not it belongs there and it should be there when it leave the assembly line period. I should not be taking from my work time or family or anytime to hound my dealer to install something that should have been there from the start. I my not manufacture cars but i do over see construction of high-rise buildings in Jersey City NJ. You can go on line and see my last project. THE ELIPSE AT Newportnj.com

So are you saying Ford should hold up production over a sound shield ? Without question, FoMoCo dropped the ball in more places than one. Three by count. They are not critical though. Not enough to hold up production. I for one would sooner have the car now and when the tow eye is available, get it. Ditto the underpanel at the rear and the strut tower cover. Our group is teeny tiny in the scheme of things. If this is that upsetting to you, it may be time to turn the page and look elsewhere. Ymmv

Took Mike's lead and ordered all three missing items from Benny. In the end, not worth my time going through the dealer, even if it is comp'd. I would say that most owners would be oblivious to all three missing items, for the entirety of ownership.

Exactly ! Other than the strut tower cover, which Benny advised is on constraint, everything else is in or on the car.

So are you saying Ford should hold up production over a sound shield ? Without question, FoMoCo dropped the ball in more places than one. Three by count. They are not critical though. Not enough to hold up production. I for one would sooner have the car now and when the tow eye is available, get it. Ditto the underpanel at the rear and the strut tower cover. Our group is teeny tiny in the scheme of things. If this is that upsetting to you, it may be time to turn the page and look elsewhere. Ymmv
Brooks- Again its not about stopping production. It's about saying to the consumers via a letter or a bulletin that when parts are available your dealer will contact you. But at the end its dollars and cents. Like i said i have been with Ford for 22yrs from the 99 Windstar to 02,05,06,2011,14,17,2020 Explorer and a 2018 Escape my wife drives, So i am a Ford Person and i do love my 2020 ST Silver Spruce. All purchases have with the same great dealer who is also disappointed with how many stuff are missing even in the Aviator which he also sell Lincoln...

I'm not Brooks ........... You are beating a dead horse IMHO. Ford is dealing with it in their own way. Until you can best Bill Ford for control of the company, you are banging your head against the wall. :banghead:

And if everyone here is happy with a car that is missing parts will to each its own.I also bought from Benny the Insulator. But the whole point is being missed here. The parts maybe of no importance nor will they cause the car to under perform. BUT THEY ARE TO BE THERE AND YOU ME WE ARE PAYING FOR THEM.

Brooks- Again its not about stopping production. It's about saying to the consumers via a letter or a bulletin that when parts are available your dealer will contact you. But at the end its dollars and cents. Like i said i have been with Ford for 22yrs from the 99 Windstar to 02,05,06,2011,14,17,2020 Explorer and a 2018 Escape my wife drives, So i am a Ford Person and i do love my 2020 ST Silver Spruce. All purchases have with the same great dealer who is also disappointed with how many stuff are missing even in the Aviator which he also sell Lincoln...
Not me. THIS is the hill you are going to die on over on Ford? This is nothing compared to things they’ve dropped the ball on in the past.

And, mass multi-market manufacturing is nothing like construction.

Not me. THIS is the kill you are goi by to die over on Ford? This is nothing compared to things they’ve dropped the ball on in the past.

And, mass multi-market manufacturing is nothing like construction.
Brooks- Good night!

Attachments

• 57C8113A-D610-4516-9C3B-E7EF189E8F8E.jpeg
    57C8113A-D610-4516-9C3B-E7EF189E8F8E.jpeg
    18.4 KB · Views: 85

Ford must itself deal with supplier constraints and prioritise allocations. I will use as an example the roof trim insert that is used on the PIU and the XLT without luggage rails. I ordered these from Benny right after I purchased my first ST. I was updated yesterday that it will be mid April before they will have them in hand. The panels will then be shipped to me. As such, I am at least a good month out. The PIU and then the XLT are getting them first. The noose will tighten when the base (read civilian twin to the PIU) Explorer is released in a few months. As such, Ford is allocating the rear under sound deadening panel along with the sound deadening cover for the left strut tower. The latter being on national constraint. When Ford's supplier produces them, we will get it. Ford is not screwing you out of the parts as you imply. Simply have your selling dealer file a warranty claim. Simple ✌

Ford must itself deal with supplier constraints and prioritise allocations. I will use as an example the roof trim insert that is used on the PIU and the XLT without luggage rails. I ordered these from Benny right after I purchased my first ST. I was updated yesterday that it will be mid April before they will have them in hand. The panels will then be shipped to me. As such, I am at least a good month out. The PIU and then the XLT are getting them first. The noose will tighten when the base (read civilian twin to the PIU) Explorer is released in a few months. As such, Ford is allocating the rear under sound deadening panel along with the sound deadening cover for the left strut tower. The latter being on national constraint. When Ford's supplier produces them, we will get it. Ford is not screwing you out of the parts as you imply. Simply have your selling dealer file a warranty claim. Simple ✌
I respect your explanation, but at least Ford should have told dealerships of these issues and not grab them by surprise and the dealership then had to deal with this matter blind sided My dealer took care of my issues like they have always done. Smith Cairns Ford & Lincoln Madza and Subaru in Yonkers NY. Mikey, my only issues is the way aFord has handled this matter. If it wasn't for a member on this forum to bring this to lite Ford would have not said nothing and they would have handled this in a consumer discovery basis. The other sad part is that the Explorer has been on the street for about a year and still they have part shortages and they don't have the dealership say something to the consumers. I'm sorry but i still say BAD ON FORD...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I’m betting most dealerships are well aware they are selling them with shorted parts.

Never believe a dealer when they say they’ve never heard of an issue. Dealers do two things in equal parts. They sell cars, and they lie.

Back