Installed new Kenwood Stereo...Power Antenna does not work! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installed new Kenwood Stereo...Power Antenna does not work!

King$nake

Reaction score
City, State
Oceanside, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Eddie Bauer 5.0
I bought a new Kenwood DPX301 (Double DIN) There is a green wire for the Antenna on the Kenwood Harness, but there is no where to splice it to! What color wire runs the power to the antenna! help!

-Joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

damn wrong board.

moderators can you move this thread to car audio

i'd have to look at the sheet for the radio and the one for the harness..it should say it on there..

indecloudzUA said:
i'd have to look at the sheet for the radio and the one for the harness..it should say it on there..

Thanks for the help dudes

If anybody is interested, I found the wire for the power to the antenna, and spliced it. Now my antenna works again!

i wanna know

hi...i'm in the middle of installing a new radio...i'm using a metra wiring harness which does not include the blue power antenna wire...there are 2 wires that i'm not using currently...they are the amp ground and the negative dimmer...i dont have a amp and i'm not even sure what the negative dimmer is for but neither of these powers the antenna...there are 2 other plugs with numerous wires...if you know the answer please help me

Need to find the orange/blue wire back at the factory amp (pass side rear quarter panel). Tap into that with the solid blue off the headunit.

temposs said:
Need to find the orange/blue wire back at the factory amp (pass side rear quarter panel). Tap into that with the solid blue off the headunit.

Yes. The Power Antenna wire is the Blue/Orange one

Back