Installed shift kit, now no gears

hunterdan

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Fairless Hills, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Chevy Silverado
I just installed the Superior Shift Correction kit for the 5r55e, I left 2 things out, the temperature bypass and the intermediate servo spring. Mainly because I couldnt get the bypass out and I could not find the servo. I installed the pressure riser as well, but am wondering if that is my problem. I wasnt sure where to put it, but was confident where I put it. On the solenoid spliced into the Blue? and green? wires. I put everything back together, filled it up with fluid, now it wont shift into ANY gear. Almost like it wont come out of park or neutral. Tranny was fine before the install. Just trying to make it better. I need this truck by monday afternoon at 2 for work. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks
Dan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I fixed the problem with help of Glacier991, he informed me that I probably didnt hook up the manual valve. I dropped the pan again and couldnt find what it attached to. I then pushed the valve out a little bit and saw what was needed to attach everything. Ten minutes of fiddling around and it was hooked up. Put the pan back on and filled it up. Everything works better than before. Shifts are nice and firm, but not obnoxious, the full throttle shifts are really firm and quick. It was well worth the money for the kit and 20 quarts of tranny fluid that I had to buy. Who would have thought Mercon V is hard to find. Pepboys only had it in penzoil... and another local store only had it in havoline. Hope this helps some others who may encounter the same problem I did.

Dan

I fixed the problem with help of Glacier991, he informed me that I probably didnt hook up the manual valve. I dropped the pan again and couldnt find what it attached to. I then pushed the valve out a little bit and saw what was needed to attach everything. Ten minutes of fiddling around and it was hooked up. Put the pan back on and filled it up. Everything works better than before. Shifts are nice and firm, but not obnoxious, the full throttle shifts are really firm and quick. It was well worth the money for the kit and 20 quarts of tranny fluid that I had to buy. Who would have thought Mercon V is hard to find. Pepboys only had it in penzoil... and another local store only had it in havoline. Hope this helps some others who may encounter the same problem I did.

Dan
What manual valve are you talking about? I just installed the same kit and put it all back together and I am having the exact same problem. No gears at all. I’m just not sure what manual valve you are referring to

What manual valve are you talking about? I just installed the same kit and put it all back together and I am having the exact same problem. No gears at all. I’m just not sure what manual valve you are referring to
Have you seen this thread?

Have you seen this thread?

Where the shift linkage hooks to the transmission, there is a knob that has to go in the manual valve inside the transmission pan. You will have to pull the pan and get it connected. I did the same thing.

Back