Installing An Aftermarket CD Player In A 94 Ford Explorer with Factory Amp | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installing An Aftermarket CD Player In A 94 Ford Explorer with Factory Amp

Garro14

Reaction score
City, State
Prosser, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4 Door 4X4
I need help putting in an aftermarket CD player in my car. I just bought it and it didn't have a radio. I know this car is the model with the factory amp because I found it when I had to repair a hack job where someone cut the speaker wires that go to the amp and wired them with their own. I cut their wires and re soldered the wires to the factory plug. I then plugged it back into the factory amp and left all the wires alone. Now I'm down to plugging in the CD player. My question is If I'm using a Pioneer DEH-2000MP CD Player can I use the factory amp or do I need to buy the bypass connector and bypass the amp? My CD player is 50W X 4 Built-in Speaker Power and 22W X 4 Continuous Power Output and I'm using the factory speakers and wiring.

http://www.online-bg.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=26&products_id=7330&language=en&osCsid=55f1a29af2041ad9123de70aca4500db

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bypass the amp. The harness is available online or maybe radio shack.

I'm going to try to find the amp bypass plug and just bypass the amp.

I did not bypass the my amp! Im running the deh-4100ub i just plugged in the amp control wire and it worked! I bought a bypass just in case it didnt. and its surprisingly clear for being 20 years old!

What plug do I need for a 94 XLT 4DR 4WD with just the factory amp not the sub and two amps? I need the bypass plug.

Scosche FDK2B or Metra 70-5514 is the wiring kit that includes an amp bypass harness.

The amp bypass harness alone by scosche is FD07b or Metra 70-5513

You will also need an adapter plate to install your stereo, or you will need to do a bit of extra modification to your dash.

Any of those parts you can get at best buy, amazon, crutchfield, or ebay

Thanks for the info. I bought the Metra 70-5513 bypass. I wired my new cd wires directly to the factory ones because somone had already cut the plug off. Right now my cd player is in the dash but I need to get a trim plate for it. I didn't do anything to the dash. It is held in with the slide track in the middle and the metal tabs on the side.

Yeah 93 & up the DIN units fit without dash modification.

Back