• Register Today It's free!

Installing body lift

InNeed

Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XL 5 speed 4x4
I have just bought my Performance Automotive 3" body lift kit and I am ready to install it but I have a few questions now that the time has come. When jacking up the body where is a safe place to put the jack on the body without doing any damage or crimpling the body? Is the weight of the body not enough to cause damage? When removing the hoses and/or wires from their mounts on the firewall, do I need to redrill mounting places for all of them or can they be put back in the same place?
Thanks,
Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to Mod heaven Matt...I cut a piece of 2x6 about 12" long and used on my jack head to help distribute the weight..Try to place it as close to the original mounting spots as possible, they are reinforced..As far as wiring and hoses, the only one I could not get back in the original spot was the transmission lines..Take your time..I did mine in 6 hrs, working by myself with impact tools..

Hey matt.....I just wanted to say Welcome!.........Another Kentucky member!!! Sorry i got a lil excited

Blift

On my 3 inch body I only had to extend the ground on my fire wall. I didnt take any thing loose that I didnt definately needed to. I just watched everything as I slowly jacked the car. Like previously stated use the wood block when jacking the car. Everything should be very smooth except lining up the bumpers. Good luck.

are the rear bolts alot easier to get out than the others cause i was just messing around and tried to get them out and they came out like there was nothing to it? i was just messin around i am goign to install the kit in a few weeks when i am out of school

Jeffseal, the only bolt that gave me any problem was the very front one on the drivers side behind the bumper. I broke it and it took some time to get it out because I think I remember it being double nutted someway. The hardest part of the lift is pulling up the carpet to get to all of the body mount bolts.

Back