Installing civilian console into 2013 FPIU | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Installing civilian console into 2013 FPIU

FL_Not_A_Cop

Reaction score
City, State
Kissimmee Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 FPIU
Thanks..that would be helpful. My OCD would prefer my new LEDs only work with the headlights.

Off topic alert - illuminating the area above the 12v power points and SYNC plug with some LEDs...even found a dimmer so that the brightness is appropriate....
Hey dude just sorry it took me a little bit to get the pic. But this wire that I tapped into that has purple on the side also dims when you change the brightness.

So the purple why are you see my black tape on is where I spliced into I did not cut this wire. But when I use the dimmer or brightness setting all the lights go up and down as well. I just used a purple wire so that I knew when it went to the center console what it didn’t.

F64F4778-948F-4506-B889-3C59F843E409.jpeg

<

MattMPA

Reaction score
City, State
SE PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Interceptor Utility
Hey dude just sorry it took me a little bit to get the pic. But this wire that I tapped into that has purple on the side also dims when you change the brightness.

So the purple why are you see my black tape on is where I spliced into I did not cut this wire. But when I use the dimmer or brightness setting all the lights go up and down as well. I just used a purple wire so that I knew when it went to the center console what it didn’t.
Thanks very much! I'm using a set of LEDs with a dimmer...so I just need a trigger wire.

<