Installing European maps??

Florent

Reaction score
City, State
Norfolk
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer XLT
Hello,
I own my 2021 XLT with SYNC 3 for two weeks and I have a question concerning the NAV.
Is it possible to change the US map for a European (France) one? If yes, what is the process?
Thanks for your help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Unfortunately I don't have the answer but there is a member who might. I wasn't able to find anything on European maps on the Ford sites that refer to map updating. I'm guessing that you will be taking the Explorer overseas?

Peter

Yes, my tour is over soon and I return in France during summer.
I keep my Explorer and as I would want to have everything up to date on my car before leaving.

Unless something has changed, North American nav apims are 32gb and European are 64GB so no you couldn't do that.

Like what Jason stated above, he knows better, but you can replace the APIM with a European one that can have the European maps.

Thanks for your help.
I saw what the APIM is. Seems to be easy to change it since I am in France. I will order one.

Yes, my tour is over soon and I return in France during summer.
I keep my Explorer and as I would want to have everything up to date on my car before leaving.
At least you have WAZE or google maps over Android Auto or Car Play. Does you Explorer have Copilot360+? Wondering if it will recognize the European signs.

At least you have WAZE or google maps over Android Auto or Car Play. Does you Explorer have Copilot360+? Wondering if it will recognize the European signs.
If you are referring to the Speed Limit signs, this was asked before. My reply was that if your Explorer has the ability to select km/h as an option then perhaps it might. Not verified so far.

Peter

If you are referring to the Speed Limit signs, this was asked before. My reply was that if your Explorer has the ability to select km/h as an option then perhaps it might. Not verified so far.

Peter
That was me, ha ha ha.

Back