Installing Extended Radius Arms

BTRs X

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Maysville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer XL 4x4
I currently own a James Duff 2.5" lift, but I bought it missing the radius arm drop brackets. I purchased a set of used Rancho extended radius arms to take care of this problem. My problems/questions:

1. Is the front suspension of my Explorer the same as a Ranger?

2. Can I just follow the Ranger directions to install the extended radius arms or is there another way to line them up so I can drill holes for the new drop brackets?

Thanks.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i doont know, but i am bumping this for you, knowing that some of the guys will know....

Thanks.......Im planning on lifting the truck before the end of the month.....SPRING BREAK!!!!!!!!:D

410fortune knows a ton of this stuff
shoot him an email... there are other guys too.... do a search for the cut and turned dana 35.... the same guys that respond to those threads are the ones who know about mixing lifts and stuff

ttt

Does anyone know if the earlier Rangers had the same front end as my 92 Explorer? Thanks.

I have the instructions... somewhere

I have the Rancho instructions around here somewhere- Ill see if I can find them tomorrow. I believe the instructions were the same for both the Explorer and the Ranger, I will check.

I would greatly appreciate it....I want to get this lift on before the end of this month. Thanks.

Found the instructions

The Radius arm mounting brackets are mounted in a different location on the Explorer vs the Ranger. The brackets themselves have a different part number. The ranger brackets are part number 1781, and the Explorers are #1571 (pass side) and 1570 (drivers side).

The Explorer has an additional instruction sheet which details the differences in parts and install from the ranger kit.

I would say it depends on what Rad arm mounts you have- either Ranger or Explorer. They have different call outs for the mounting holes.

I might be able to get this scanned and sent to you early next week so you can go through it yourself.

Until then if you have specific questions post and Ill see if I can find the answer for you.

The explorer instructions would be a great help. So I guess the arms are the same then, just the brackets are different? I can fab/mod them depending on problems it may cause me. Thanks for your help....I look forward to getting the instructions!

Back