• Register Today It's free!

installing fog lights in bumper Q

kylecolb

Reaction score
City, State
Oshkosh, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Has there been any posts on how to install fog lights in the bumper of 3rd gen explorers? this is my front end and I want the fog lights that go into the lower bumper where I just have the vents right now. How does the wiring of this work? any diagrams out there or anything? Can I hook them up to my regular lights and if so, how? any diagrams or instructions would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am putting a bull bar on which has areas to mount two 4.5" fogs on there, would those be installed and wired the same way?
This is the type of light I want to install: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

DSCN3501-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

or is there anybody in the oshkosh, wisconsin area or surrounding area who could help? I would buy you beer for your time! Always a wisconsin favorite!

kyle did you ever get the fog lights in? If so was there any stock wires there so you could just plug in the stock fog lights? I'm doing the same thing as you. Thanks

Kyle, I instaled fog/road lights in my XLT some months ago, I used the wire diagram that aftermarket fog lights use. I set up the off/on rocker switch in the center console, ran the wire under the console to the relay, the relay pulls power from the 12v battery,and then I ran the wire to the lights. My truck was not equiped with a wire harness, like other top of the line models. Hope this gives you the help you need to make your truck look and work the way you want. Pete

kyle did you ever get the fog lights in? If so was there any stock wires there so you could just plug in the stock fog lights? I'm doing the same thing as you. Thanks

Tim, I have the same setup as in Kyle's picture in the first post. There are no stock wires for plugging in the fog lights.

Check out this thread for additional info: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295998

Hope this helps out. :biggthump

Back