instructions to build a sync harness | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

instructions to build a sync harness

rusty813

Reaction score
City, State
Private
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
Parts needed to install sync in 2006-2007 explorer

1. 09-10 Ford Navigation System (AL2T-18K931-AC)
If you purchase any other radio for another ford vehicle you would need
to get it reprogram by United Auto Radio

2. Brick installation for explorer sold by United Auto Radio for $150
**Includes**
1. Amp
2. Wire harness
3. Radio Control
4. GPS/Sirius rooftop antenna

3. You will need a 16-pin connector not sure what they are exactly called but the one that the dash harness can plug into, I think they are called male connectors since it has the needles showing but I could be wrong

4. Any Sync Mirror with a 10-pin connection and you need to order the wiring harness with 14334A from a 2008 explorer at a salvage yard or from ford its only $20-30. Harness replaces your current 7-pin harness and this harness only connected in the front area of the headliner and glued to it. The only way to remove it is to remove the sunvisors, roof console, and both a-pillars....if you order a 2009-2010 explorer your car compass will not work. The 2009-10 explorer sync mirrors had the compass built in the mirror but 2006-2008 was external below the mirrow.

5. You will need a dash harness from an explorer that came equipped with sync

6. sync module

The harness you will be building is a plug and play harness and you dont need to cut anything at all.

soxpq9.jpg

7. Most importantly, pin 1 of sync 54-pin which is a pink wire the always hot wire, it does not need to be sold to the vehicle factory harness, I had it solder to amplifier harness that united auto radio sold me with the kit.

just thought to bump this up since instructions are completed, if you have any other questions feel free to ask me on here.

sync

just thought to bump this up since instructions are completed, if you have any other questions feel free to ask me on here.

do u have the parts# for the 54 way harness?
do u know id Ford sell it?

Back