Instrument cluster light replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Instrument cluster light replacement

Flashflood

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer 94 xlt
Need help been on a led craze lately been thinking about dropping the instrument cluster and finally replacing the bulbs that have been out behind there what led bulb are used back there and how hard is it to do?

Need help been on a led craze lately been thinking about dropping the instrument cluster and finally replacing the bulbs that have been out behind there what led bulb are used back there and how hard is it to do?
i dont remember what i used but i basically just look up modelyear+ford explorer instrument cluster led

the bulbs arent that hard, just pull cluster out and the bulbs twist out lik headlights, super easy, and super gratifying! theyre nice and bright now... now i need to do more LED stuff!! :D

The OEM standard bulbs are "192's" ...the LED conversion is "T10" ... beware that all T10's are made in China, like pretty much everything else today and quality standards (although exceptions) are subpar, as we all know. I put several in my Jeep suv for floor lighting (when doors open) and had a few start flickering just months later after install. I put just ONE in my Explorer cluster (dead center middle) and now it flickers randomly (the rest I put stock 192's for this very "fear" / outcome-- not a quick access area to replace).
On accessing, this is from Rangerstation....same setup on our Explorers..... it's how to access odometer gear for replacement.... same area.
Pointer, when putting/guiding cluster assembly back in place, tilt top portion in first.

Back