• Register Today It's free!

instrument gauges inop

747driver

Reaction score
City, State
downers grove,il
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 mountaineer
I have a 03 Mounty. I found my car battery dead as a result from the driver door being not fully closed and the car not being driven for a week. I used a battery charger set on 225 amp engine start to get the car started.
The car started up but then I noticed my all my instrument gauges did not work and also my inside courtesy lights, no radio, no power windows. I checked the instrument cluster fuse and it was good. Is there another main fuse I need to check ?

Thanks

Chuck

I would check all fuses in the Central Junction Box & the Battery Junction Box and go from there.

How is the battery now? A bad or failing battery can cause all kinds of issues.

Thanks Rondo

I did some more research and found this to be a common problem with the explorer and mountaineer. It is a fault in the instrument cluster. I disconnected the battery for 20 minutes and let the system reset its self. That cured the problem and everything is okay now. But if this happens again it will require a instrument cluster change.

Thanks Rondo

I did some more research and found this to be a common problem with the explorer and mountaineer. It is a fault in the instrument cluster. I disconnected the battery for 20 minutes and let the system reset its self. That cured the problem and everything is okay now. But if this happens again it will require a instrument cluster change.

Nice job on the fix. Thanks for the update. Good luck! :D

Changing out the cluster isn't too bad. Here is a good thread for changing the cluster, in case you ever need it: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218636

Back