Intake for 3.5L non EcoBoost - Coming soon! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Intake for 3.5L non EcoBoost - Coming soon!

XPLRTHIS

Reaction score
City, State
Irvine, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
Guys, Im working with one of my suppliers on getting a new intake for the 3.5L non EcoBoost motor. Injen will be producing one! Most of you have probably heard of them before. We have been working with them for years, so I know they make a good product. Im going to drop off my truck for a few days and let them R&D it! I will keep you updated as soon as I drop it off and get it back!

Maybe we can work out some sort of group buy if enough demand is there. I think only KN makes one now? Would anyone be interested?

Finished Product:

8537793193_0758dfc1fb_c.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I remember when intake meant manifold,

not a plastic tube between the filter and throttle body.

Any updates?

Any updates?

Im glad you asked! Just got the car back today! The Dyno showed slightly over 8 hp and 8 lb/ft of torque! I love the way it sounds and my butt dyno says the car picks up much quicker and feels faster. Ill post the Dyno graph tomorrow!

8537793193_0758dfc1fb_c.jpg

8537793253_204d34910b_c.jpg

8538900454_5d2dafb9f3_c.jpg

8538900424_9bbb970657_c.jpg

Looks great.
Like the reinforced mounting strap and filter sock.

Yeah, Im really impressed with it. Depending on how it moves for them, they might make an additional heat shield as well..

How Much?

How Much?

Not sure yet..it was the first one they made. I was gonna see if we got a list going if Injen would give us special pricing!

I am definitely interested if a group buy were to come up....

If its $300+ then the Tuner is a better deal. For around the same amount the tuner provides more HP and TQ.

Not sure yet..it was the first one they made. I was gonna see if we got a list going if Injen would give us special pricing!

Any updates on this yet?

I just talked to Injen they say probably the end of April for the non-EcoBoost CIA

Did they give a hint on pricing?

Nothing.....but their EcoBoost one is less then the K&N

Looks like more thought was given to all the connections too:thumbsup:

Ya I like the INJEN over the K&N too.........your paying $100 for the K&N name

Contacted INJEN via email.

Non EcoBoost CIA is now available although not on website yet.

Part number is PF9006 and is available to purchase.

And the cost is?? :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back