Intake Manifold and Throttle Body on My Explorer | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Intake Manifold and Throttle Body on My Explorer

AlexV.

Reaction score
City, State
Decatur
Year, Model & Trim Level
Sport Trac XLT
*Sorry if I say something that sounds kind of wrong or weird, I'm new to doing car work and modding.

I was looking into replacing the throttle body on my v6 explorer, but I couldn't find anything but gaskets and spacers. I did a quick search on the v6 mustangs from the same year and I found quite a few options. Do yall know if these cars have the same intake manifolds? If they don't, does anyone know of any good throttle bodies that would be worth buying?

<

NigonKouk

Reaction score
City, State
Topeka,Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001,Taurus,LX
They have several different types of intake manifolds, and it may be difficult, because on my 4.6L I never could find the right Valve seals, even after researching for days and trying 3 different kits. I have no idea why this is, but I chalk it up to "Manufacturers cutting corners" trying to save money, instead of Quality Control.

<

icthusrulz

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport Trac 4WD
Throttle body on a 4.0L Mustang is motorized/electronic, Sport Trac is cable actuated, so the Mustang won’t drop in.

Replacements can be found on RockAuto. Don’t know anything about throttle “upgrade” options.

<