Intake Manifold and Throttle Body on My Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Intake Manifold and Throttle Body on My Explorer

AlexV.

Reaction score
City, State
Decatur
Year, Model & Trim Level
Sport Trac XLT
*Sorry if I say something that sounds kind of wrong or weird, I'm new to doing car work and modding.

I was looking into replacing the throttle body on my v6 explorer, but I couldn't find anything but gaskets and spacers. I did a quick search on the v6 mustangs from the same year and I found quite a few options. Do yall know if these cars have the same intake manifolds? If they don't, does anyone know of any good throttle bodies that would be worth buying?

They have several different types of intake manifolds, and it may be difficult, because on my 4.6L I never could find the right Valve seals, even after researching for days and trying 3 different kits. I have no idea why this is, but I chalk it up to "Manufacturers cutting corners" trying to save money, instead of Quality Control.

Throttle body on a 4.0L Mustang is motorized/electronic, Sport Trac is cable actuated, so the Mustang won’t drop in.

Replacements can be found on RockAuto. Don’t know anything about throttle “upgrade” options.

Back