• Register Today It's free!

intake manifold bolts

silvermike19

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Eddie Bauer
i have a '93 eddie bauer (4.0L ohv) that i'm pretty sure has the infamous intake manifold gasket leak. after reading through the numerous posts about replacing the gasket, i wanted to try tightening the bolts first to see if that helps the problem at all.

does the upper intake have to come off to access all the bolts, or can they all be re-torqued with everything still attached? any advice or recommendations would be most appreciated. thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I done this job I just replaced all the gaskets associated with it, the valve cover gaskets with the upper and lower intake. I figured if I'm going in that deep I might as well get the added insurance of not waisting time and effort of going in again. The lower intake gasket from Motorcraft has been modified with steel and rubber vulcanized to it. It's worth the money to update.

what about o rings for the injectors

think it is worth replacing the injector o rings as well.

I figured if I'm going in that deep I might as well get the added insurance of not waisting time and effort of going in again.
Exactly.

If you're that deep into the engine, just go the extra step and get that fiber gasket out of there. And, seriously, use the Ford gasket. Don't go cheap, not even Felpro. The price isn't that much higher and the quality is substantialy better.
Nothing's worse than getting her all buttoned back up, and finding out that you have to go back in.

Trust me on that.

Back