• Register Today It's free!

Intake manifold vacuum lines

Shadow81

Reaction score
City, State
N/A
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer
I recently bought a 2008 4.6L Explorer. I took the intake manifold off to replace the seals as well as to make room for some other work. When I went to reinstall the manifold I noticed there were two vacuum line nipples on the back of the manifold, right next to the actuator. The top nipple has a line that goes to the brake booster and the intake in front of the throttle body. The bottom nipple didn't have anything connected to it when i took the manifold off.

Does anyone know what the hose is supposed to go to? There isn't anything obvious in the area that is missing a connection.

Thanks!

20220726_161940.jpg 20220726_172544.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does it pull vacuum through the open port when it is running?

Unfortunately I have the engine bay harness and the main body harness out right now so I can't start it. But it is right next to the port for the brake booster vacuum line and in the same chamber of the intake so I imagine it would pull vacuum. I can confirm when I get the harnesses back in but that probably won't be for a while.

I had to get the scope out it's tight back there. Here is mine.
Looks like what you are talking about - the line splits into two lines - one goes to the passenger side and through the firewall to the vacuum reservoir - it's the line with the check valve in it. The other line goes to the drivers side to something mounted on the fuel rail that has an electrical connector to the throttle body. Not sure what that part is called.

Explorer manifold.jpg

I had to get the scope out it's tight back there. Here is mine.
Looks like what you are talking about - the line splits into two lines - one goes to the passenger side and through the firewall to the vacuum reservoir - it's the line with the check valve in it. The other line goes to the drivers side to something mounted on the fuel rail that has an electrical connector to the throttle body. Not sure what that part is called.

View attachment 432417
Awesome. Thank you! I'll have to take a look around for that.

Back