Intake manifold & water outlet tip ?'s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Intake manifold & water outlet tip ?'s

Motorhogman

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Hartsville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer Sport
I have for the first time jumped into a repair on my 2000 Explorer Sport.

I have had a slight coolant seep from the T-stat housing for a while now and temp gauge not working as well.

Grounding the sender wire made the gauge go all the way to H so I'm pretty sure it's the sender switch.

I'm not new the this game but just old school.. Real old.. I'll be 67 this year.

Have also suspected an intake leak.

When I tried to remove the temp sender switch the brass nut molded into the water outlet spun..

OK.. have new one to install ( 4 Seasons)

Looking for torque spec for that part.. Found the upper and lower intake manifold torque spec here and the T stat housing spec as well but still need the water outlet torque spec.

I have cleaned the upper and lower intake parts with simple green and dish soap.

Put a straight edge on the surfaces and everything is flat.

Any tips on install would be appreciated.

I ordered Fel Pro gaskets and a Stant T-stat which won't be here for a couple of days.

I have for the first time jumped into a repair on my 2000 Explorer Sport.

I have had a slight coolant seep from the T-stat housing for a while now and temp gauge not working as well.

Grounding the sender wire made the gauge go all the way to H so I'm pretty sure it's the sender switch.

I'm not new the this game but just old school.. Real old.. I'll be 67 this year.

Have also suspected an intake leak.

When I tried to remove the temp sender switch the brass nut molded into the water outlet spun..

OK.. have new one to install ( 4 Seasons)

Looking for torque spec for that part.. Found the upper and lower intake manifold torque spec here and the T stat housing spec as well but still need the water outlet torque spec.

I have cleaned the upper and lower intake parts with simple green and dish soap.

Put a straight edge on the surfaces and everything is flat.

Any tips on install would be appreciated.

I ordered Fel Pro gaskets and a Stant T-stat which won't be here for a couple of days.

I see I have views here but no replies... ? Maybe my caption isn't clear.. I am looking for any tips on doing this job.. Also need the torque spec for the water outlet housing. 4 seasons PN 85331 I didn't see that listed any where yet.. Still looking around..

Back