• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

intake setup

the exploder85

Reaction score
City, State
rapid city, south dakota
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 eddie bauer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

seanc11b

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix,AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Limited 4.6L
You will be happy with the k&n CAI....all I can say about the throttle body is that it will be better than stock...I would have tried it already but I got the gay fly by wire crap

matt0248

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT V8
I can't see the link to the T-Body. But BBK is the only one that makes a 78mm tbody. Is it the TB and plenum all in one? If so you will have to modify it to accept the explorers vacuum brake booster hose. This means drilling a taping a pipe fitting into it. The mustang does not have a vacuum booster.

Someone on this forum said they had driveability issues with a 75 mm tb. I can't remember who. It may be fixable with a tune though.

the exploder85

Reaction score
City, State
rapid city, south dakota
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 eddie bauer
probably just best not to get one then

JoshMcMadMac

Reaction score
City, State
Waynesboro, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level