Intake swap this monday at Turdle's. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Intake swap this monday at Turdle's.

Am I seeing things or is the corner broke off on one of runners of your old upper intake?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Am I seeing things or is the corner broke off on one of runners of your old upper intake?

Yup
that was the reason for the fix:D

the old upper was warped--or something-
it cracked when I tightened it down 2 years ago. Thomas used his mad JB weld skillz to get it to work this long.

You aren't seeing things it really was cracked and has been since the original install. It just broke off when we took the old one. And on top of that the intake apperared to be warped because as soon as we loosened the front side it seemed to buck up. So I obviously had a small vaccum leak. That's not all, my eger tube was also loose for some odd reason and we were also able to get that tightened as well. The new intake was a little different as Jon hasd to improvise new ways to make some of the tubing fit. The radiator tube was cut and no longer flows into the intake manifold. A vacuum line that used to plug directly into the back that has a plug shape kinda like a spark plug was extended and fits into a different side now as well. I'm gonna go back and snap a few more pics today of the engine bay if I get the chance.

I have the same valve covers in my 96!! Brett gave them to me when I did my cam swap... Mustang GT valve covers... FYI the intake hose on my 96 has to be moved to fill the crankcase .......no biggie.

This is with a 1" intake spacer also

p_00215.jpg

p_00214.jpg

I have the same valve covers in my 96!! Brett gave them to me when I did my cam swap... Mustang GT valve covers... FYI the intake hose on my 96 has to be moved to fill the crankcase .......no biggie.

This is with a 1" intake spacer also

I bet I could cut the tube on the Mustang oil fill tube and use the bent tube off my current valve cover.

Back