Intake torque specs.

keysersoze54

Reaction score
City, State
Lafayette, CO.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xlt
Hi everybody,
i have a 2000 4.0 ohv xlt that i had to replace the intake manifold gasket(coolant leak at the front of the head). The Haynes manual sez that the torque spec is 72 inch pounds! That seemed really low. So i talked with the dealer and was told that it was 11 ft lbs. Still really low i think. So i put it together with 11 lbs and it seems fine. My question(s) are; is 11 ft lbs correct? and do i need to retorque again?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

Hi everybody,
i have a 2000 4.0 ohv xlt that i had to replace the intake manifold gasket(coolant leak at the front of the head). The Haynes manual sez that the torque spec is 72 inch pounds! That seemed really low. So i talked with the dealer and was told that it was 11 ft lbs. Still really low i think. So i put it together with 11 lbs and it seems fine. My question(s) are; is 11 ft lbs correct? and do i need to retorque again?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

Not sure if this will help you but...

My 95 X 4.0 OHV calls for a torque setting of 18 ft. lbs on the lower intake and the upper as well. I torqued both to 20 instead!

Also be careful if you get a Fel-Pro lower intake gasket. I went thru two of them untill I wised up and got one from Ford. Both Fel-Pro gaskets I tried sucked oil into the cylinders.

Back