• Register Today It's free!

Intake

rudiegonewild

Reaction score
City, State
Henderson, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Alright, I finally have extra money for a new air intake. Are there any suggestions as to what to get. There's only two brands that make first gen intakes and neither of their online billing works... If there's anyone else let me know, and also, i've seen people put a 2nd gen intake in a 1st gen. How hard is it to do that.... move the battery and all.... Thanks for the Help
Andrew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

KKM Kurtz Kustom
Great kit for the $$$, perfect fit for your Gen I

Also a sponsor for this site.

ya, this was one of the places where the online billing doesn't work.... I guess i could order it over the phone....

Oreeder that sucker, its worth it and is the best kit IMO for your Gen I, it actually fits like its supossed to and doesnt cost $400.

I got mine from Asmi, they make the full setup, from the throttle body hookup. The fit is a little snug, but it works great, best part is its only $150 for it.

rudiegonewild said:
and also, i've seen people put a 2nd gen intake in a 1st gen. How hard is it to do that.... move the battery and all.... Thanks for the Help
Andrew

Moving the batt and using a Gen2/3 intake is something I keep putting off.

Probably because it's not something I have to do, just fluff. I don't have time for fluff, I'm workin on my house right now.

I've read about 3 ways 1st gen people have relo'ed their batt here:
1) moved it to where the stock airbox was, with some sort of tie-downs (H-clamps or stretchies?)...but that's a weak spot with not much support.
2) moved it to the drivers side behind the headlight (this requires welding or bolting a battery tray up there, and possibly turning 90 deg the rad overflow/windshield washer reservior.)
3) moved it to the rear cargo compartment via cable extension, etc.

go with kkm, or swiss cheese your airbox with a kn drop in, either way is good for the buck in my book.

Back