intake | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

intake

i meant MAF not TB...i read the post wrong. and i think imma buy a KKM. for now...and i have taken up the slack in my throttle cable. i put zip ties around it. look for the 50hp for 5 cents thread and thats how i did mine. ok...new question. wat kind of gas milage do you get in ur explorer? im getting an average of 13-14...which im supposed to be getting about 16-17.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i meant MAF not TB...i read the post wrong. and i think imma buy a KKM. for now...and i have taken up the slack in my throttle cable. i put zip ties around it. look for the 50hp for 5 cents thread and thats how i did mine. ok...new question. wat kind of gas milage do you get in ur explorer? im getting an average of 13-14...which im supposed to be getting about 16-17.

look into the ifab it comes with a new tube and that 70mm is well worth it!!my truck is now where near stock so i get around 9-11,but 13-14 is pretty good for that old of a truck,it is like driving a brick through the air!!

it is like driving a brick through the air!!

that is true! they have the aerodynamics of a loaf of bread! but i thought i would get more than that. i have heard good things about that S&B cone filter that comes on the KKM. they make a lot of cold air intake for diesels. that will the next thing i will buy for the xploder...wait...thats the only thing i have bought for that thing.

For the MAF just go to a junkyard and get one off of a 5.0L engine.

I believe mine came out of a Crown Victoria or similar.

Just be sure to use your old electronics.

I pulled my MAF housing out of a 3.0L Windstar. It measured 70mm at the narrowest point. As far as spacers go, TB spacers don't work. Intake spacers do, and there's a guy on here that made an intake spacer out of an old fuel rail. Another free mod is to half shaft your TB itself, works great, and better throttle response. If you want a larger TB, you can buy a 66mm one from BBK, but it's a lot of cash for better throttle response.

Back