Intake | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Intake

For my 93' limited, what would be the best cold air intake? Go team Explorernators!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unless im mistakened i dont think there is a rea l "COLD" air intake.... you can get the kkm which replace the air box and filter or wither the i-fab one which replace the box, filter and tube

PEACE

This is the I-fab one Intake Link Hope you like it, its not to spendy either. I was acually thinking about getting it myself. Let me knwo how it works out if you do follow through.:) :)

there is no true cold air intake as stated above... however, i am sure you could buy one of the units above and possibly fabricate yourself a cold intake tube to the filter with some type of enclosed heat shielding type of thing... welcome to the site.....

Thanks, for all of your help. By the end of the week more then likely i will be purchasing the i-fab intake kit, but will be making "slight" mods. hehehe.....I was also wondering, about how much did you pay for your duals? because i'm going to get mine on friday!:D

duals on a v6 is really pointless..... if you do it, get 2.25" pipe after a muffler that has a dual exit... if you do any larger or try to do true duals, you will lose a lot of low end torque..... look to pay about $250 for a muffler and custom bent pipes with tips from a local place.....

shift kit

yes, that is what i have been told. any larger then two and a quarter, i wont have enough back pressure...yada yada yada. i basically want it for the sound and looks, i know i'm not going to get performance out of it. I'm getting a shift kit tomorrow though.

Well the point is, not only will you NOT gain power, but you will accually LOSE any low end torque you may have now.

Xplorerkid, Wedgie87,

Hey, i just wanted to inform you that i recently purchased the i-fab intake kit, but i'm just waiting on it now to arrive for the quick 10 min. install. hehe....
thanks for both of your help. I will let you know both know how well it works/ performs. I'm supposed to receive an additional 15-25 hrspwr. so we'll see huh? Talk at ya'll later.

ha if you think your getting that much hp, you got another thing coming.

ha if you think your getting that much hp, you got another thing coming.

thats probably flywheel hp... it will end up being like 3 hp by the time it gets to the wheels

and the powerband will move up just out of reach for your lousy ohv... just kidding

Xplorerkid, Wedgie87

Hey guys I just installed the Ifab intake kit on my 93 explorer. The kit is awesome, the difference in sound makes it roar. its an explorer with attitude! Thanks for the tip. I'm also getting better gas milage...

Explorer GT

93FoRdExPlOrEr said:
Seriously? How hard was it to install, im lookin into it.

hey, we know someones using the search function ;) :thumbsup: this thread is over 2 years old....... installing an intake is easy... if you can change your own oil, an intake will not be difficult... if you can not change your own oil, thne pay someeone to install your intake for you :rolleyes:

Back