• Register Today It's free!

? Integrated Garage Openers

Jet Ski Puller

Reaction score
City, State
Clinton, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'08 Sport Trac 4.6
Any X's out there have an integrated garage door opener...maybe in the sunvisor or something?

I installed an overhead console on my '94 and loved having the opener in there. But on my '98, I have a sunroof, so I get the sunroof switch instead of a place for the opener. I hate having the opener hanging on the visor.

I did test drive a '97 EB with a sunroof and it had the opener in the console. The switch for the sunroof was in the headliner next to the console and visor. I was told this was an aftermarket sunroof setup. Anyone know anything about this?

Any info/suggestions would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll just add we've got em on our '00 eddie bauer and they work great... they're in the sunvisor too...

I don't like having a garage door opener hanging on the visor either. In one vehicle I took the transmitter (non -ford) apart and stashed the transmitter in the dash and wired up a remote push button switch to it.

In a mustang I put in a factory homelink out of a town car into the driver sun visor. It already had power for the vanity mirror so the install was quite easy. It came out pretty good.

Sounds like you could just swap out a visor out of a newer X equipped with homelink.

Yeah, I know I have problems:D

River Rat,

That's exactly what I was hoping to do. Glad to hear that it works. No other power or wiring necessary, it (sunvisor with homelink) will just plug/screw right in?

Thanks.

Can anyone finds a decent price for a homelink transmitter equipped visor??? Everywhere I go, they charge about $200 for it.

i took mine apart and put a lil switch on my cupholder and soldiered it on there. so all you see is a little push button switch

Back