• Register Today It's free!

Intelligent cruise control issue

Chevyguy

Reaction score
City, State
LOWER SACKVILLE, NS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Ford Explorer XLT
While driving to work, I got a warning that my "Intelligent adaptive cruise control cruise control cannot read speed warning signs" (or words to that effect). I thought maybe the windshield picked up some dirt and the camera was blocked, but a tap on the wipers didn't clear it up. Oddly, a few speed limit changes came up and the indicator on the dash picked them all up (as well as the nav map), but the warning still flashed if I tried to engage it. "Normal" cruise control worked fine. I tried turning the CC off and back on, no dice. Finally, I pulled over, turned off the vehicle, restarted and everything worked fine. A glitch in the matrix, or should I be concerned? Vehicle is 2 months old (2022 Explorer XLT).

While driving to work, I got a warning that my "Intelligent adaptive cruise control cruise control cannot read speed warning signs" (or words to that effect). I thought maybe the windshield picked up some dirt and the camera was blocked, but a tap on the wipers didn't clear it up. Oddly, a few speed limit changes came up and the indicator on the dash picked them all up (as well as the nav map), but the warning still flashed if I tried to engage it. "Normal" cruise control worked fine. I tried turning the CC off and back on, no dice. Finally, I pulled over, turned off the vehicle, restarted and everything worked fine. A glitch in the matrix, or should I be concerned? Vehicle is 2 months old (2022 Explorer XLT).
I think I'd chalk it up to an electronic glitch but also keep an eye on it. You could try and see if it produced a trouble code but I think it is unlikely seeing as how you were able to clear it problem. Issues like this would be very difficult to pinpoint by the dealership.

Peter

Happens to me every now and again. Same as you, when I restart the vehicle for the next drive, it is resolved. It has only happened to me maybe 4-5 times in the past 2.5 years. I think it's a software glitch. If it happens a lot, ask your dealer. For me, it's so rare that I don't worry.

Back