interchangable parts ranger/explorer???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

interchangable parts ranger/explorer????

91xon35s

Reaction score
City, State
fort collins colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 explorer
:usa: i have a slight dilema on my hands ......i have a 91 x with 5.5 superlift and 3 in body, i wanna take the body off but i wanna keep running my 35s so i need to make up for the lost lift from the body lift.....my question is will the 8 in skyjacker coil for the ranger work on the explorer becuase if so i can get that and run some longer shackles and blocks or somthin in the rear.....that was my idea but if you have any ideas i can go about it let me know....any horror storys of coil spacers in the front???? i just wanna know my options and what is the best way to do and is there really any other place that makes good lift coils????thanks alot:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

227876_372_full.jpg

Here is a pic of my coil spacer after 4 months... This is probably a one in a million chance of ever happening again since its been all highway driven

Just take out the body lift and keep the 35s. You don't need more lift than that. You might need to hammer a little of the firewall back and trim very little of the rear part of the front fender, but you'll be fine.

Also you can get the f-150 coil seats and not the urethane spacers and they'll be fine.

well the main reason i didnt want to lose the 35s is becuase there brand new, but like the next set i want are some 37 in xterrains and i know i will need more lift, i could could probably get by running 37s right now but if i were to take the body lift off there would be no way so, i will probably be taking the body lift off in the next week or so but then what all needs to be done to the existing suspendion to get me to have 37s and still have a lot of clearance, the ranger 8in springs maybe>??

Not sure if you'll be able to align it with the 5.5 brackets and 8" springs. It will be close if not though. General concensus about alighing the ttb fron is 2" max from bracket size. So a 2" lift from stock is max you could go to align it. Since you have 5.5" brackets and want 8" springs, that is 2.5" of lift past the bracket size. Just something to think about.

37s definitely won't fit with just the 8" coils, unless you cut a lot of fender and hammer a lot of firewall.

what would i need to do to get the 37s under there?

well not a rediculous amount but ill cut yea

do you know of a website that is free that i can upload pics on to and link them onto here????

oh sorry i just wanted to use i site others have used cause im a bit weiry about puttin info on random sites nowadays.....well i got some pics tell me what you think!!

91xon35s you could always go solid axle and git rid of the body lift and the, in my opinion, crappy dana 35 ttb front end.

how did you get your bumpers to stay with a 3" body lift

i would love to go solid axle, but i dont have the money for it right yet, as far as bumpers go i bought it with the body lift on and the bumpers were like that but dont most body lifts have an option of bumper raiser brackets and whatnot?

Back