Interchangable parts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interchangable parts

M

Mike 91 Sport

Folks,

Rick has done it again...great job Rick. I think this is a perfect location to start listing the items that are interchangable from Rangers to Explorers. I have found that lots of times ranger parts are much less expensive both new and from a junk yard, but fit an Exp perfectly.

Looking forward to lots of good advice.
Mike

if anyone has the time or patience, do the shackles and spring pack from a Ranger or 4 door explorer fit on a 96 sport? Theres got to be a way to lift the rear on these things!!! After putting new shocks on my Sport, it does sit better, but not level with the front. Called a four wheel place here in Colrado and told the guy I wanted a simple 2"shackle, like the ones found on a jeep, 2'5 ' wide, but he said I had reverse shackles on the back and what I had in mind would not work! Am I the only person in the whole frickin world that owns a sport????

Frustrated F'in Bob!

Bob- No you're not alone

I just got rid of my 91 EB auto and got a 5-sp Sport. Shorter wheelbase, Same engine, 5speed, less weight. I'm happy! Incedentally if you are from the west you will not believe how cheap 4x4s are out east. I got mine $5000 below blue book. I sold the EB in colorado for 1000 ove blue book. Although I do miss the leather seats and power windows!

As far as the rear goes just-add-a-leaf.

------------------
HIX

You're right about the prices! I bought my sport with 36 k miles at AutoNation in Dallas for 13K! (5 spd, 4x4, aluminum wheels, power everything.) the same truck here in CO will cost upwards of 16 K at least. My advice, buy your 4 wheeler in some other state...

------------------

Back