Interest in PI Utility Mods?

jmr061

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Exp Sport
I have been able to figure out how to enable/add factory keyless entry, remote start and aux audio jack in non-sync equipped PI Utilities. Heck I even know how to add the Sirius (in theory...I did it on a Taurus PI Sedan). I have also added the AWD gauge and some other items. All of this requires dealer software/hardware to enable.

Wondering if there is much of a "market" out there for this stuff?

Thanks

jason

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How about door tethers?
Always have to watch the damn doors-tethered or adjustable tether would be awesome in any car...

I have been able to figure out how to enable/add factory keyless entry, remote start and aux audio jack in non-sync equipped PI Utilities. Heck I even know how to add the Sirius (in theory...I did it on a Taurus PI Sedan). I have also added the AWD gauge and some other items. All of this requires dealer software/hardware to enable.

Wondering if there is much of a "market" out there for this stuff?

Thanks

jason

We have two base Interceptor Utilities ordered without keyless entry and without SYNC/Bluetooth. Is it simply programming with IDS tool or is there hardware required?

We have two base Interceptor Utilities ordered without keyless entry and without SYNC/Bluetooth. Is it simply programming with IDS tool or is there hardware required?

IDS Only for Keyless Entry (Need FOBs obviously).
IDS and a custom built cable for the aux audio. I did a sedan and a utility this weekend.

Jason

Remote start needs a module though correct?.....even if you activate through IDS

Remote start needs a module though correct?.....even if you activate through IDS

That's a negative....just needs a hood pin and IKT (that's the key with the FOB built in) w/remote start button. IDS activates it. BIG ISSUE THAT FORD REFUSES TO FIX THOUGH, IDS will activate it on the 2013's but 14 (guessing 15 too) needs to be back-doored as IDS ABD setup for the IPC does not match the format for the actual ABD. I went around and around with the software people and they said it was my issue that my computer screen resolution was too low....BS lol. With every revision that comes up it goes unfixed.

That's a negative....just needs a hood pin and IKT (that's the key with the FOB built in) w/remote start button. IDS activates it. BIG ISSUE THAT FORD REFUSES TO FIX THOUGH, IDS will activate it on the 2013's but 14 (guessing 15 too) needs to be back-doored as IDS ABD setup for the IPC does not match the format for the actual ABD. I went around and around with the software people and they said it was my issue that my computer screen resolution was too low....BS lol. With every revision that comes up it goes unfixed.

Ya the ones I want to do are 14MY so likely the dealer techs wont understand the issue as well as you and it will be another "Sorry cant do it" from the dealer

Ya the ones I want to do are 14MY so likely the dealer techs wont understand the issue as well as you and it will be another "Sorry cant do it" from the dealer

I trick it to think its 2013 then it works. They must also have OEM keyless entry already exisiting (or previously added).

Ive got keyless, remote start and an alarm would be nice

For an alarm you would have to go something that requires a hardware install. The smartphone setup that allows you to lock/unlock and remote start does include an alarm but I don't know if that is based off the specific vehicle submodel or not. For instance my SHO texts and emails me if a door opens or the shock sensor is triggered.

Jason, two different ford companies told me today my vehicle does have a DDM and therefore it is not possible to get keyless entry with a fob. Our ignition keys are standard stock keys that cost $7. Is it possible?

Jason, two different ford companies told me today my vehicle does have a DDM and therefore it is not possible to get keyless entry with a fob. Our ignition keys are standard stock keys that cost $7. Is it possible?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Back