Interested in lifting a 95' ford explorer 6"? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interested in lifting a 95' ford explorer 6"?

Fordtrucks2k3

Reaction score
City, State
Sykesville,MD.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
I have been interested in lifting my explorer 3,4,or 6" and im not sure what kit to buy. Im not sure if 3" is enough. I checked out superford.org and someone said that you can get a 3" lift for $150. Im kind of on a budget but i still cant find any lifts for the 95 explorers and some one help?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Superlift makes a 4" suspension kit. $1400ish
Trailmaster makes a 4" suspenion lift too
You can use a 2" or 3" 95-97 Ranger body lift $150
You can add shackles to the rear (1 1/2") for $50
You can add add-a-leafs to the rear (1 1/2") for $30
You can adjust your torsion bars (for the front) up to 2"

There's lots of ways to lift your '95. This is the place to learn all about them. I recommend you use the search function and get researching! :D

Welcome!

I recommend getting a performance accessories 3" body lift for a Ranger.. I believe the part # is 853 and doing a shackle & TT to get roughly 5" of lift. That's what I plan on doing after the new year. Btw, did anyone get new cv axles after doing the body lift? I know the added height adds stress to the cv's angles.

The body lift doesn't affect your CVs. Did you mean the torsion twist? If so, I don't know of anyone who has needed to CVs specifically from the TT. But I know Jefe use to change his with every oil change. :D But he's a special case.

Yeah I meant TT. Well I know replacing the cv are a piece of cake, I've done em before on my old car back when I was 16. It would make sense to look at the option when I do my lift after the New Year. I've seen mid 90's Broncos with extended drive shafts due to a lift kit being installed. It'll have to be a custom CV axle.

you guys forgot about the Pro Comp spindles. it's a 3" lift KIT (includes add-a-aleaf and shocks) for ~650. Also, keep in mind that the superlift and Trailmaster are for 4x4's ONLY....it doesn't mention in your post if you are 4x4 or not so i don't know....good luck

Originally posted by Fordtrucks2k3
I have been interested in lifting my explorer 3,4,or 6" and im not sure what kit to buy. Im not sure if 3" is enough. I checked out superford.org and someone said that you can get a 3" lift for $150. Im kind of on a budget but i still cant find any lifts for the 95 explorers and some one help?

Welcome!

What's your budget and what size tires you want to run?

Originally posted by white96x
Also, keep in mind that the superlift and Trailmaster are for 4x4's ONLY

The Trailmaster will work on either since it uses the stock spindles... and you could run the superlift 4x4 spindles on a 2wd with a little bit of modding. :D That is if you want to drop $1400 on either of them.

im running the explorer express 'lowering kit' and i've been hitting snow banks left and right [with my front bumper]. so yesterday, i put them under the axle to get a little lift out of it. is it safe to use shackles in conjunction with this? im not looking for anything perminate, just for the winter.

I consider getting 3" body lift but someone told me its not as good as suspension lifts. It doenst look as good? you can see through the wheel whells straight accross? i prob. run 30's-31's
Not sure yet.
i want a 3" body but if it doesnt look good and benifit me at all im not sure what i should do.

if you are only going to run 30 or 31" tires then forget about a body lift. just put some shackles out back and do the tt up front for about 2" of lift. it will look real mean, plus its alot cheeper and less hassel than a bl.

Here is a side view of mine with a body lift:

Dead Link Removed

It doesn't look as clean as a SL.. but what can you do.. :D

Originally posted by section525
But I know Jefe use to change his with every oil change. :D But he's a special case.
LOL Funny, but true
front locker + extended droop + cheap half-axles = < 10k mile CV life

To help you see how much lift and what size tires you really want, go to this link:Jefe's Mods There I have pics of my truck in its different stages.

Dead Link RemovedDead Link Removed

I was going to get on you to update cause I was there a couple days ago and it was all old news. :D

My truck is in

between phase 2...
dcp_0241.jpg

and phase 3....
Pic005.jpg

of the Jefe Explorer modifcation 5 step progam.

(however I cheat I buy up jefe's old stuff:D )

Thank You Jefe

this add was paid for by people jealous of jefe's truck

The Jefe 5 step progam
ROFL

Hmm. . .time for a signature change :)

Btw, the IMG tag needs to link to the picure, and not the page the picture is on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back