Interesting Ebay find on 4.0 SOHC pistons | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interesting Ebay find on 4.0 SOHC pistons

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It says they're for a 4.3L stroker kit and they look short too. I wonder how much Rods and a crankshaft will set you back for those particular pistons?

It says they're for a 4.3L stroker kit and they look short too. I wonder how much Rods and a crankshaft will set you back for those particular pistons?

A whole lot;(lol i wonder how much they raise you,looks to be alot.

can we use this?

Not with out changing a BUNCH of things, this auction ended awhile back.

That is for a 4" bore. It must be mislabeled for the v6 application. -j

Just for the record i don't believe a stock sohc block will support a 4"bore.only first gen ohv have been done before.you use stock crankshaft.the rods are 6" sbc and need to be machined out to fit ohv bearings.these pistons would take you up very high in compression.all together these are not a good choice of pistons,good deal just not for us.

Just shooting off the cuff- but with a stroker you would get most of your cu. in with the stroke. Either this stroker kit piston has a short stroke and a huge 0.050" overbore or I am missing a huge part of this. I need to look at my block but i am not even sure if .050 would work (especially boosted). Seems like an odd set up to me. The 4.0L is 245 cu.in and the 4.3 is roughly 262 cu.in. So 17cu.in for a .050" overbore and an obviously odd sized rod? I am not adding something somewhere. The stock bore is around 3.95 for the 4.0.L; hence my .050 overbore statement.-j

Just something to ponder:
302 with a "common" stroker kit and standard bore is 331 cu.in
302 with a "common" stroker kit and .030 overbore is 347 cu.in

So a simple .030 overbore "compounds" the cu.in in comparison to the standard bore. I am aware that this example is a v8 and the subject is a v6 but the numbers still doesn't add up properly. With a .050 overbore i would expect closer to 270 cu.in unless the deep skirt block is causing an issue with this. OK- I am thinking way too much on this!-j

Back