• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Interesting Viet Nam statistics

rookieshooter

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 BII "Li'l Samson"
http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/dakto/Namstats.html

Most people on this site are probably to young to have been there. But here are some interesting stats about a generation of young men in another war. Hat's off to all you vets who served in any war. And to my brother who went thru that hell at a place called Dak,To May thru July 1969. This info. came off their webb site. And I'll never forget the terriable price the native sons of West Virgina paid in that War. All states paid a price but,

shamaal

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Friensdwood, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Mazda Navajo
A good post! I see refutation of many myths and controversies that have cropped up since 1975. For a long time the 'crazed Viet Nam vet' was a staple in television.

It's hard to visit the Viet Nam War Memorial in Washington DC and not be moved. It's the most visited site in the Capitol. At other memorials like the Arizona or the Alamo, the names mean nothing to me. Those names on the VNWM are real people, my generation. Now I understand they have approved a VNWM visitor's center probably with a gift shop. It don't seem fitting somehow.

Thanks