Interior colors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interior colors

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
I sometimes see interior colors like red, green or blue, but most every Explorer I ever see has tan or gray. Was it just the older Gen II's that offered colors other than tan or gray?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have occasionally seen an Ex with black interior, but never R, G, or B. Mine's tan.

I have seen red velour in first gen, dark green leather in early second gen. I think by later second gen Ford moved to various shades of tan and grey. Here is an ad for a pair of green ones: http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/pts/4964911835.html

Yeah, I've been searching CL for months looking for a gray Homelink visor for my 2000 XLT. That's where I've seen the various different colors. I know there were 2 different shades of tan and gray, but I've never seen black.

They'd look great in my purple Limited!

I need seats too.

The green ones look really good in-person. I saw a pair in a 1995 2 door with the "Expedition" package...yes, in 1995 you could buy an Explorer Expedition model. I even have the nameplate from that vehicle. It had a completely green interior and exterior with beige trim.

Yeah, I've been searching CL for months looking for a gray Homelink visor for my 2000 XLT. That's where I've seen the various different colors. I know there were 2 different shades of tan and gray, but I've never seen black.

My 1996 EB had the "Saddle" tan interior, I loved that color. Darkest tan offered and discontinued in 97 or 98.

The red was a first gen thing. It actually doesn't look bad. Pretty nice, but not by today's standards..

Green interior, I've never seen in a second gen. I have seen blue, in fact at least 4 blue interiors. I really don't like the blue. It's one of those blues that fades over time, and seeing them in junkyards is just a gross color.

Basically tan and gray were the top pics. However, there's also a really weird tan color that's got a strong orange tint to it, which looks pretty bad.

The red was a first gen thing. It actually doesn't look bad. Pretty nice, but not by today's standards..

Green interior, I've never seen in a second gen. I have seen blue, in fact at least 4 blue interiors. I really don't like the blue. It's one of those blues that fades over time, and seeing them in junkyards is just a gross color.

Basically tan and gray were the top pics. However, there's also a really weird tan color that's got a strong orange tint to it, which looks pretty bad.

Yeah, the red velour was real popular in the late 80's early 90's. I had an '86 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal Brougham (pronounced 'Brome') that was full of the stuff. The front seat was like sitting on a couch... LOL.

^^^ I had an 81 Olds Delta 88 with dark red interior. Talk about a highway cruiser. My front couch was bigger than yours :bsnicker:

[MENTION=186147]koda2000[/MENTION], I have a grey Homelink visor available. Fabric is a bit thin. It's the light grey one though.

As for second gen interior colors, tans and greys seem to be the ones I run across in the junkyards the most. Green is kinda rare. Blue is even more rare.

My Dad's '95 EB is Medium Willow Green with Green leather. It is a sharp color combination!

^^^ I had an 81 Olds Delta 88 with dark red interior. Talk about a highway cruiser. My front couch was bigger than yours :bsnicker:

[MENTION=186147]koda2000[/MENTION], I have a grey Homelink visor available. Fabric is a bit thin. It's the light grey one though.

My dad had an early 80's Delta 88. What a boat! It was green with a green vinyl roof and green brocade cloth & vinyl interior. Your typical old person's car at that time, proceeding the Mercury Marquis of more recent times.

I PM'd you re the Homelink visor. If the cloth on yours is worse than mine, maybe I can transfer the Homelink module over to my visor. I've noticed there seems to be a perforated section in the underlying cardboard where it goes.

My 97 XLT was a green on green cloth interior. It was an awesome combo and apparently very rare. Glad I parted it out when she went to heaven at 235k miles. Was a 4.0 Cammer and rolled her way to death down an embankment. Gotta love the 97 sway bars :( least I'm still alive that wasn't a fun night.

This may be an old thread but I have a '97 4 door blue with blue interior. The paint code is KN which is an uncommon color Dark Lapis Metallic. And the interior is JV.

I have the same colors, the Lapis with blue interior.

You are the only one that I have come across with the same color set up as mine and even the same year but I have the ohv 4.0.

I saw one with a bright blue interior on one of my last trips to the salvage yard. Mostly I see a couple of shades of tan, a couple shades of gray in both cloth and leather, and a gray/blue cloth pattern. Every now and then a very dark gray leather - usually in Mountaineers. Green, both cloth and leather, are not terribly uncommon here. My son's 1st '97 Mounty had green leather. His current one has a light gray 1st Gen style seat. I'd like to snag a full set of the very dark gray to swap into my ST, but they're hard to find in good shape, and they have the Mountaineer logo.

At one of his previous jobs, my dad had a white '94 Ranger XLT, with red interior.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My buddy junked a white 2wd V8 that had blue interior , I kept the console lid because its perfect

Back