Interior Door Panel fasteners

King$nake

Reaction score
City, State
Oceanside, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Eddie Bauer 5.0
Hello,

I have a 98 Explorer, and I want to replace all the interior door panel fasteners.

I've removed the panels so much for speaker installs, lock, window work, etc, that Im afraid that some of them are torn up, and I want to replace all of them to reduce rattles.

Anybody know where I can purchase them at?

They look kind of like this, but white/clear:

016.jpg

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello,

I have a 98 Explorer, and I want to replace all the interior door panel fasteners.

I've removed the panels so much for speaker installs, lock, window work, etc, that Im afraid that some of them are torn up, and I want to replace all of them to reduce rattles.

Anybody know where I can purchase them at?

They look kind of like this, but white/clear:

016.jpg

Thanks

Most auto parts stores sell them I have also seen them at Lowe's and Home Depot. Just take one with you to make sure you get the right ones.

Auto parts stores get 4 or 5 dollars for a couple of those pieces. If you go to an auto body supply shop you can get a box of 20-25 for $10-15

^ yup ^ go to the body shop. May need to try a few before one will help out. Better luck at the mom 'n pop type shops I've found, than places like Maaco, etc...

It is called "Christmas Tree Clip."

I didn't mean the body shop itself, go to the place the body shop buys his supplies from.

I've gotten them from body shops before...

Back