Interior Door panel issue / separation | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interior Door panel issue / separation

Thanks Pete, I'm at the mercy of the dealership then :(.

What is the process to fix it myself?
Sorry, can't help you there unless someone has posted a DIY fix in this thread.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Pete, I'm at the mercy of the dealership then :(.

What is the process to fix it myself?
The first post in this thread mentions a blister like bubble & whitish like creasing around cup holders, but the more recent stuff seems to be different - see pic in post 164. Not sure how many other different issues may have come up in between.
If your issue is the same as post 164, just do the same fix that ford is doing - remove the door panel, pull the outer cover back to where it should be, and staple it in place as best you can. Depending on how bad it is, it might come out anywhere from okay to good. Only other option would be to replace with a used or new panel that does not have any issues.

Taking my 2015 Limited in on 30 April for the door panels separating at the top. Passenger’s is real bad and driver’s is just starting to separate. Will use the TSB/CSP to get this fixed, will post back with my results.

After 20 minute wait today, SA came out and told me the door panel repair requires a special tool and their interior sub-contractor only comes on Thursday. I’m bringing the vehicle back in 2 days to have them fix it.

Door panels fixed today and look great...took the sub-contractor about 45 minutes to fix both the driver and passenger door cards. All done under the FSA 17N04...no charge.

I am repairing mine myself. Watched a video where they pull the panel and make use of a 2 part fix. They use gorilla glue or equivalent to help keep the peeling part in place , then staple the lip that pulls out near the window with 3/8" wide staples and 3/16" deep. I purchased an air stapler and staples off Amazon and will pull the panels tomorrow.

took my drivers panel off today and stapled the peeled back part back in position. Was nervous at first, but the end product looks great.
now when it cools off this evening, i will pull the passenger door panel off and repair it. Glad i did not just listen to friends that said just superglue it.

Went ahead and pulled passenger door panel and stapled it also. I feel like I accomplished something today

Back