• Register Today It's free!

interior door panels

Dragon1993

Reaction score
City, State
Chesapeake, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport 2wd
here's a question for you guys. I'm looking for replacement door panels or just the pull handle for shutting the doors, either with power windows and locks. The problem I'm having is that I can't find anything close to matching my interior color. I find gray and tan easy enough but mine is a dark red interior with some black and apprently it's more rare than I thought it was.

any idea where to look or an alternative that won't look so silly as gray or tan on dark red

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there are many products you can use to paint your door pull to match your interior,duplicolor has tons of colors, check out lmc truck,they have one a door pull for 20.00 and shipping isnt that bad

I was thinking about that...problem I kinda having is matching the particular color red it is...I can't remember what the shade was called.

you know, that is a good idea. I never would of thought of that.

if it is a stock interior color im sure you can find the colors or numbers online,just do some searching, you never know what youll find on the good ol interweb these days, i agree with blacksheep, red interior with black accents does always look good and bring notice to your x!

I've been looking at the products from duplicolor online now. I'm thinking on going through and doing some black accents in other places. Its like ford accented some with black in the interior but there are places that my eyes want to see black that are just red.

Be carefull man, that stuff is addicting, I went crazy doing my interior pieces,I love how it looks, but I spent a lot of time doing it!

haha, I plan on making my explorer look awesome. The exterior paint needs some touching up in places. I believe it's due to the lack of a wax job during the years my brother owned it personally. though i have to say it's not faded really just has chips in the exterior. I don't really have a good place for painting on the exterior though unless I can get a good fast drying paint. Would suck to get dirt in it while it's drying.

Yeah I know what you mean, I just took the pieces off and did it in my garage on newspaper,just be carefull with your spray and you should be able to do it anywhere

yeah, I live in an apartment. I know i can do the interior parts inside. Or maybe snag the garage at my parents' house. The exterior stuff is really just touch ups for small dings so that really shouldn't be a big deal....and I need to paint the windshield wiper arms....the paint has worn off so bad that when the sun hits at the right angle the shiny metal blinds me.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217918

That's one of my threads where I painted some door panels black. The only thing I would've done differently is this:
I used a wire brush to clean them, thus a bunch of fine scratches all over it. It's hard to see in the pictures, but you can just make them out. I'd use mineral spirits and a good sponge, or a softer brush, like a thick toothbrush.

Do it outside, there's a good amount of overspray. I also just did a thick coat, with some light touch up coats later instead of a bunch of light coats.

Btw, I was born in Norfolk, my Mother grew up in Chesapeake, she went to Western Branch.

Back