Interior door pull repair | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Interior door pull repair

briwayjones

Manual Master
Reaction score
City, State
Eldersburg, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer XLS

showknow

Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XL & '95 XLT
Wow, they look great. I was thinking poplar and covering them. After seeing this I may choose a different wood and just stain them. I'd have to pad the back part of the front pulls since there is almost nothing left of the original arm rest area.

briwayjones

Manual Master
Reaction score
City, State
Eldersburg, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer XLS
Wow, they look great. I was thinking poplar and covering them. After seeing this I may choose a different wood and just stain them. I'd have to pad the back part of the front pulls since there is almost nothing left of the original arm rest area.

Thanks! I don't know if you can tell in the pictures on the front pull I cut off the handle part, attached the pad part to the new pull, and put some foam in the pad part to make it better.

showknow

Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XL & '95 XLT
Yep, I saw that. The entire structure of all 4 pulls/pads in mine are gone or nearly gone. So I will need to create pieces to fit the entire length. I'd pad the fronts in the 'arm rest area' for comfort and leave the rest exposed and finished as you have done. Great Work!