Interior door pull repair | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interior door pull repair

Wow, they look great. I was thinking poplar and covering them. After seeing this I may choose a different wood and just stain them. I'd have to pad the back part of the front pulls since there is almost nothing left of the original arm rest area.

Wow, they look great. I was thinking poplar and covering them. After seeing this I may choose a different wood and just stain them. I'd have to pad the back part of the front pulls since there is almost nothing left of the original arm rest area.

Thanks! I don't know if you can tell in the pictures on the front pull I cut off the handle part, attached the pad part to the new pull, and put some foam in the pad part to make it better.

Yep, I saw that. The entire structure of all 4 pulls/pads in mine are gone or nearly gone. So I will need to create pieces to fit the entire length. I'd pad the fronts in the 'arm rest area' for comfort and leave the rest exposed and finished as you have done. Great Work!

Back