interior light and no door ajar light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

interior light and no door ajar light

edspen

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ford explorer sport
first i want to say thanks for all the great info i have received from this site. i have looked but i can not come up with an answer to my problem so i joined the site.

first..i get no chimes or a door ajar light when i open a door. the chime does come on when key is in the ignition or in the accessory position. i can turn on the map lights with the switches and also with the dimmer switch, however if i do not put the switch in a certain position the lights will just stay on.. i am thinking the dimmer switch is bad but i was wondering your opinions. i can get the interior lights and mirror lights to work if i put the dimmer switch down into what i am assuming is the timer position but it does not shut off when you hit the key

the door ajar light never comes on and neither does the door open chime..i have tried spraying the doors and also looking at the wiring through the door for the broken black wire. this is not the issue. no matter what door is opened including the back hatch there is no chime at all...any suggestions?

hope you can understand my blabber but if you need more info let me know and i will tell you more info

Back