Interior light issues. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interior light issues.

New to the forum so I am not sure if his is posted in the right forum. I just purchased a 07 Explorer XLT. The interior lights come on when they want to and stay on for about 10 secinds then turn off. Any suggestions what this could be? Also my ambient air temperature sensor is not working, constantly reads 75. I replaced the sensor but still does not work.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A poor ground can cause a number of problems. Don't know if yours are ground problems but, I would find out where the grounds are on your veh. and make sure they are clean and active.

Thanks... I'll check that. I had a 95 Windstar with the same probelm years ago and could not figure it out.

Does the door ajar indicator or chime come on? Ford was known for bad door switches after they were moved into the door latch. Although I don't know if they were still a problem in '07.

No, just the light. I seen it for the first time yesterday but my wife has been telling me for a week now. It only comes on for a few seconds then dims out and shuts off.

Back