Interior Light Replacement? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Limited
Evening,

I just went through my dash lights and got them all replaced with LED's, still pretty happy with those.

I'm just wondering now as they're quite a bit brighter than the stock bulbs, how many other interior bulbs can I access and upgrade? Figured I'd start with my radio and shifter ass'y as they are both without lights at the moment. Dealership says those are replacement only items and threw me some ludicrous quote.

I'm confident in my abilities with the soldering iron, and I think I can pull this off.

Anybody know of a good LED replacement for the shifter light or other interior lights?

My truck is a 2007 explorer limited.

Check out ddmtuning and superbrightleds. They have quality LED bulbs for the interior and exterior.

Evening,

I just went through my dash lights and got them all replaced with LED's, still pretty happy with those.

I'm just wondering now as they're quite a bit brighter than the stock bulbs, how many other interior bulbs can I access and upgrade? Figured I'd start with my radio and shifter ass'y as they are both without lights at the moment. Dealership says those are replacement only items and threw me some ludicrous quote.

I'm confident in my abilities with the soldering iron, and I think I can pull this off.

Anybody know of a good LED replacement for the shifter light or other interior lights?

-Edit: found out the shifter light is a standard #74 bulb. I'll get one and go through that replacement shortly.

My truck is a 2007 explorer limited.

Back