Interior lights/puddle lights won't turn on | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interior lights/puddle lights won't turn on

MrWickd

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Hey guys,
My 2015 Explorer Sport interior and puddle lights won't turn on when car is unlocked or when doors are opened. Interior lights do turn on manually as well as 2nd & third row. Puddle lights won't turn on at all. Checked #4 & #12 fuses, looked ok. Any ideas ?? Thanks

Your problem is with the "courtesy" lights. The "demand" lights are working as you said. Do you have the console bin LED and backlighting working? If they work then it isn't the fuse. Did you actually test the fuse? You could try interchanging the 2 and see if the problem then shows up on the "demand" lamps. If it does, then you have a bad fuse. If not, then there is another issue.
Does the problem exist when opening any door? If it's just the driver's door it could be the door switch.

Peter

Yes, consol bin led and backlighting work. I didn't actually test the fuse but it looks fine. The problem exists with all of the doors, not just the driver's door. Everything was working fine until I had a slight accident on driver's side. Someone grinded the front/back of their car onto mine while I was at Target. My car sat unused for a bit & the battery eventually died.

Back