Interior Lights stay on (No door open light) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interior Lights stay on (No door open light)

BRUTUS318

Reaction score
City, State
SAVANNAH, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
I've seen many threads about door ajar light staying on and interior lights staying on, but my interior lights stay on even after the door ajar light turns off, after vehicle is started and after vehicle is locked. No matter what the circumstances, these lights don't go off without pulling the fuse, which now lives in my cupholder most of the time. I have a 95 Explorer and I'm pretty clueless on how the lights stay on when the door ajar light doesn't. Has anyone any idea what's going on here? I feel like this should be obvious, but I'm quite lost.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dimmer switch next to the manual light switch is clicked up.

Oh yeah, that thing I never seem to touch. Haha, I guess I did at some point. Thanks and shame on me for not thinking of this first.

Oh yeah, that thing I never seem to touch. Haha, I guess I did at some point. Thanks and shame on me for not thinking of this first.

LOL don't feel bad. Pretty much all of us have done that at one time or another.

Old thread, but it ain't dead yet. Thanks Pcam, I just finished fixing my auto-lamp function, and the interior lights wouldn't shut off. I thought @%$#, i screwed something and started reviewing all the diagrams again. Thought better of it, grabbed a beer and searched the site....yet I rolled the switch on while working under the dash.
Thanks Much.:cool:

Back