interior lights stay on. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

interior lights stay on.

Hi. it has been awhile since I have posted. ( a year ). Well I am repairing my truck and have the transmission problem fixed i think. But got in it today and notivced that my interior lights were not on. I had removed the fuse a year before because they became stuck that way. It is 1994 xlt and fuse number 1 ( interior lights, radio...) everything works with the fuse in it but the interior lights will not shut off when the doors are shut. I checked all the doors plunger switches and they check out. The hatch I was unable to check because I cannot find the Door open sensor on it. Could there be any other issues causing the interior light to be on all the time or is it probally just the hatch switch which I cannot check because I dont know where it is?

Oh... it feels good to be back in old betsy from that cramped 94 saturn sl2 hotrod I was driving..

The hatch switch is inside the two strikers that close on the pin on the drivers side to hold the hatch closed.

One of the two is the switch. Try manually closing the strikers when the hatch is up.

Also, sometimes the door plungers look fine, but are really broken internally.You might have to disconnect one at a time.

Thanks, I finally pulled the plungers and saw the drivers side passanger was rusted and not working. now i just need to pick up another one from autoparts store
thabks for the help... I could not find it on the hatch at all

No prob.

One more tip.....when you re-install the plungers, give the wires a twist to the left before connecting therm to the plunger.....when you screw the plungers back in the hole connected up to the wires, they won't twist off.

Back