• Register Today It's free!

Interior lights stay on

jurick

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Eddie Bauer
Vehicle specs- 1997 eddie bauer explorer, TT&shackles, 3" body.

Well my problem is that the interior lights stay on when all doors are closed. I have done a lot of research on this topic and used the WD40 trick and that worked for a while but now it is back and with some even weirder problems.

When I get in the drivers side door and shut it the light will stay on I can open and shut that door as many times as I want but the light will still stay on. The way to turn it off is to open and shut the passenger side door which has not even been opened.

That is what has me thinking that I have something more than a bad switch in one of the doors. Earlier today I could not get the light to go off no matter what I did. Also when this happens the door ajar light does not come on but if you open a door it comes on as it would normally.

This has got me really confused and annoyed. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

i have the same issue.sometimes the lights go off after shutting the door/doors.and as soon as you put it into gear,the locks lock.but most of the time my interior lights stay on.so i move the switch that controls the dimness of your dash lights right between up all the way and just below that point.that keeps the lights off.even when i open any door the lights stay off.and the door locks don't automatically lock.

Back